The fragrance of cinnamon and apples throughout the house on a chilly fall day, the tantalizing goodness of Grandma’s apple cookies, an mid-morning snack of hot tea and nutty apple bread, apple dumplings with gooey cinnamon syrup and a scoop of ice cream.
Everybody has their favorite memories of their yummy fall favorites, and when the leaves start turning, it’s time to “get makin” and bakin’.
Here is your chance to show off your baking skills, share a favorite recipe (yours or Grandma’s), and see if you have what it takes to become our next Apple Bake Contest champion!
Rules of the contest are as follows on the application.
All entries will be judged on:
- Appearance – Color, Shape, Size, Presentation
- Taste – Flavor, Aroma, Mouth feel, Blend of ingredients
- Texture – Crispness, Tenderness, Consistency, Degree of Doneness
Prizes to be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Best of Show
Submit recipe card with Name, Division, and Category.
- One entry per category only.
- All fresh apples must be used – no canned
- Home-made pastry dough/crusts required, no commercial permitted.
- Batter or dough mixture may not be used in more than one entry.
- Please include types of apples used.
- All entries must arrive and be checked in by 11:00 Sunday, October 7, 2018. (Entries may be brought in Saturday, must please note we do not have safe storage.)
- Any temperature controlled foods (i.e. cheesecake) must arrive Sunday at 11:00.
- Entries must be displayed in throw away containers, such as cake circles, aluminum pie, cake, and loaf pans, and must be properly covered.
- Cookies, scones, muffins, and small quick breads, must be displayed 3 to a plate.
- Recipe must accompany the entry.
- Recipes submitted automatically become property of the Delmont Apple ‘n Arts Festival, with future publication possible.
- Placement of awards to be announced immediately following judging.
Entries are due by October 5th, 2018, and may be submitted through the website, or mailed to:
Delmont Apple ‘n Arts Festival – Apple Bake Contest
P.O. Box 336
Delmont, PA 15626