The fragrance of cinnamon and apples throughout the house on a chilly fall day, the tantalizing goodness of Grandma’s apple cookies, a mid-morning snack of hot tea and nutty apple bread, apple dumplings with gooey cinnamon syrup and a scoop of ice cream.
Everybody has their favorite memories of their yummy fall favorites and when the leaves start turning, it’s time to get makin’ and bakin’.
Here is your chance to show off your baking skills, share a favorite recipe (your’s or Grandma’s) and see if you have what it takes to become our next Apple Bake Contest champion!
Rules of the contest are as follows on the application.
Judging is one by a point system with a total of 25 points possible awarded per entry. Judges will consider:
- Appearance – Color, Shape, Size, Presentation
- Texture or Crumb – Crispness, Tenderness, Consistency, Degree of Doneness
- Taste – Flavor, Aroma, Mouth feel, Blend of ingredients
- Degree of Difficult/Creativity
Prizes to be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Best of Show
Submit recipe card with Name, Division, and Category.
- One entry per category per person.
- Must include fresh apples – no canned – as the main ingredient.
- Homemade pastry/batter/dough required.
- Batter or dough mixture may not be used in more than one entry.
- The variety of apples used in the product are to be specified in the recipe.
- All entries must be delivered and checked in to Shields Farm by 11:00 a.m. Sunday, October 4, 2020.
- Must be in a disposable container and identified with name, address and phone number and properly covered.
- Cookies, scones, muffins, and small quick breads, must be displayed 3 to a plate.
- Recipe must be submitted with entry.
- Recipes submitted automatically become property of the Delmont Apple ‘n Arts Festival, with future publication possible.
- Placement of awards to be announced immediately following judging.
Entries are due by October 2nd, 2020, and may be submitted through the website, or mailed to:
Delmont Apple ‘n Arts Festival – Apple Bake Contest
P.O. Box 336
Delmont, PA 15626